Search our website:

Town Clerk
The Clerk's Office is in charge of most town records, issues marriage licenses, fishing and hunting licenses, files reports with the County and State agencies as required, is involved with election administration, post legal notices, and is responsible for F.O.I.L. requests and fulfillment.
Issuance of Marriage Licenses:
We ask that you call 518-885-9220 x110 or email to set up an appointment. It is not necessary but it helps to move the process a little easier.  It takes about 15 minutes to input the data into the program for the State.  We accept applications Monday-Friday from 9am to 4pm.  We may make an exception for an appointment after 4pm or weekends.
Necessary documents:
  • Drivers License or State issued ID
  • Certified Birth Certificate
  • Social Security card or knowledge of your social security number
  • Any previous marriage that ending in divorce, those divorce papers are necessary.
You do not have to live in New York State to apply for a Marriage License but you will have to get married in New York State.  The license can be used anywhere in New York State.  It is not valid for 24 hours from time of application and is only good for 60 days.
The cost is $40 payable at time of application.  We accept check, money order, cash or credit/debit cards.  There is a mandatory fee associated with the credit/debit card.

PDD Application, PDD Amendment or Request for Change to Existing Zoning:

All applications must be to the Town Clerk at least 2 weeks before the Town Board meeting.  The applications need to be submitted with the necessary documentation and payment of fees.