9:00am – 4:00pm MARCH with 2 % penalty plus $2.00 second notice fee.
Thursday & Friday9:00am-4:00pm
The mission of the Tax Receiver's Department is to collect all taxes and other debts owed to the Town of Milton, and to properly account for them in a timely manner. In addition, the Tax Receiver's Department applies all state and local statutes equally, without favoritism or prejudice to its citizens. This high level of integrity instills confidence in the citizens we serve and encourages voluntary compliance.
Receiving your Tax Bills
Taxpayers will receive their tax bills the first week in January. If your tax bill is not received, you may contact the tax office at 518-884-2765 and a new bill will be forwarded. You may also go online to http://egov.basny.com/milton/ to print a copy of your tax bill and obtain payment information.
- If a bill is received and you no longer own the property, please notify the tax office with any new owner information, so that the tax office can forward the tax bill to the correct owner.
- If you receive a tax bill that should be paid through a mortgage company or bank, please forward the bill to the appropriate agency, or call the tax office with the information. When the mortgage holder pays the tax bill, a receipt will be forwarded to the name and address on the tax bill.
Owner occupants 65 years of age or older and physically or mentally impaired homeowners may request an adult third-party to receive duplicate bills. You may pick the form up from the tax office or call the tax office to request a form.
PAYING AFTER MARCH 31st:After April 1st, 2014 taxes are paid directly to the County Treasurer at
40 McMaster St., Municipal Bldg #1, Ballston Spa. (518) 884-4724.
Late Tax Payments
- Taxes paid in January are penalty free
- Taxes paid in February incur a penalty of 1%
- Taxes paid in March incur a penalty of 2% as well as a $2.00 second notice fee. (a second notice will be mailed out to all unpaid parcel owners)
Paying Your Tax Bill by MailTax payments are to be mailed to:
Sharon Sommer, Receiver of Taxes
Town of Milton
503 Geyser Road
Ballston Spa, New York 12020
U.S. Postmark bills will be accepted. A receipt will be mailed to you, if requested.
Paying your Tax Bill in PersonYou may also pay your tax bill directly during the times and dates listed above at:
- The Town Hall Tax Receiver’s Office (Lower Level)
503 Geyser Road
Ballston Spa, NY 12020