Dog Control Officers
(518) 885-9220 x136
The Town of Milton’s Dog Control is responsible for a number of duties including:
- Insuring that pets are appropriately licensed and that shots are current
- Guarding the public against animals running at large
- Working proactively to reunite lost pets with their owners
- Educating the public about the spaying and neutering of pets
- Enforcing all relevant sections of the New York State Agriculture and Markets Law
Please be aware that all dogs must be licensed at four months of age and need to wear their license tags at all times. Dogs can be licensed at the Town Clerk’s office. Proof of rabies vaccination and a spay or neuter certificate (if applicable) are required. Also, due to State Rules & Regulations the Dog Control Officer does not handle cats.
At all times of the year, animals kept outdoors should be provided with adequate shelter to protect them from weather extremes, along with sufficient food and fresh water daily.